January 27, 2011
12:48am
It’s mid-January, I know… well more like late January… Hahaha. But it’s been an eventful January 2011, so I hadn’t gotten around to it until now. Better late than never right…
This is the third set of New Year’s resolutions I’ve written on my blog, which is totally amazing to me. Who the hell would have thought that I would keep a blog running this long? What started out as a way to vent about being forcibly ousted out the United States has turned out to be a semi-stable, albeit patchy reflection of my life.
So now, as another year passes and I revisit the goals set at the beginning of 2010, I have to say I’m not disappointed at all. Twenty Ten was a great year. No regrets. But as I am a firm believer of looking back to go forwards, let’s go through the 2010 resolutions shall me…
New Year’s Resolutions for 2010
- I will work less, but work better/faster/smarter OR get a new fucking job
- I will make closer friends in Singapore
- I will keep in contact with family and friends that aren’t located in the country I currently reside in
- Deliberately seek/cause debauchery (the awesome, sexy, cool kind of course!)
- I will travel a lot more to seek/cause said debauchery. How about at least 3-4 trips that are NOT to manila
- Use my digicam to capture said debauchery
- Keep working out, and that stomach flab into muscle ab.
- Oh and I gotta blog more. Shit.
OK… So as a market researcher, I always put the most important attributes first, so it makes sense that the first 2 attributes were the most important on the list. And you know what, I rocked those two! New job and new close friends in SG. Check and Check…
Keep closer contact with family and friends… I would have probably scored second box “somewhat satisfied” on that one – not “very satisfied”, but not “neither satisfied or unsatisfied”. I did ok in the beginning of the year, then things fell through the cracks towards the end of the year (Sorry Jumee, I love you!). Keeping contact with family was better, maybe coz I went home more often.
Travelling and debauchery were achieved as well! Hong Kong, Rawa, Manila, Bohol, Hanoi, Bangkok, Manila, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Manila. There was a time where I was in 5 different counties in 5 weeks! As expected, such travel is accompanied by ridiculous debauchery! Most of which was captured by digicam – unfortunately the cameras weren’t mine… So I’ll have to work a little on that one. Regardless, all in all it was crazy awesome.
But 2010 was then and 2011 has already zoomed off from the starting line, racing at 100 miles an hour. Many things are so new and moving so fast. New Job, new life, new possibilities. I love it. So as a toast to the fantastic novelties of 2011… Here are my resolutions for 2011:
New Year’s Resolutions for 2010
- I will kill it at work and show them the great stuff I’m made of
- I will not give up on love. I will not be jaded by pain or disappointment. I will continue to adoringly cling on and preach the values of storybook romanticism and hopeful idealism.
- I will invest
- I will move apartments
- I will continue to travel and seek/cause awesome debauchery. How about I travel to at least one place I haven’t been to in the last 3 years or haven’t been to at all?
- I will take more pictures, using my own new purple camera!
- Keep working out, specifically building up my chest… coz I look kinda disproportioned at the moment…
- Oh and fucking get to work on time... WITHOUT taking a damn cab! Shit. Hahaha.
So there you go. Like in 2009 and 2010… Lucky number 8 resolutions for 2011. Here’s to the next few months… Get ready 2011! Imma coming for you. and Imma coming for you hard!!! It will be an awesome year! I know it already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment