Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A new dawn. A new day. A new year.

December 22, 2009 - 12:43am
Sitting Indian style on my bed, in my room, in my lavender apartment
Listening to “Kahit Ika’y Isang Panaginip Lang”


Here we are again, and words are hard to find… Another year goes by, and I don’t know exactly what I have to show for it. Sigh. I got promoted to manager. I went to Hong Kong. I partied decently hard. I dated around. That pretty much sums up my year in 4 meager little sentences. It’s pretty pathetic I know, but not totally unexpected (I don’t know… does that sound like a copout to you. Sure does, doesn’t it).

2009 was a tough year for most – just ask the US economy or Nokia! Recession, countless freak natural disasters mergers and management change, So You Think You Can Dance moving to fall instead of summer, George dying in Grey’s Anatomy – shit was going down everywhere. And while I can use all of that to rationalize the mundane 12 months that I’ve had, I know I am mostly to blame… I sit here on my bed and contemplate the to-ing and fro-ings of the past year, I can’t help but feel a little disappointed with myself.

It was a drag yourself out of bed and go to work year, and that’s not how to I like to live my life.

Granted I accomplished 5 out of the 8 resolutions I carved in blog-stone last year… But to tell you the truth, those resolutions weren’t the most vivacious or grandiose. So maybe that’s where it all stemmed from… Let’s take a quick review shall we…


New Year’s Resolutions for 2009

- I will quit smoking – Basically done
- I will work less, but work better/faster/smarter – FAIL
- I will make more friends in Singapore – OK, not bad. But I think I need to make more “friend” friends and less “acquaintance” friends
- I will make an effort to explore Singapore – Done son!
- I will ride the Singapore Flyer! – Twice.
- I will start writing, if not finish writing, my book – MAJOR FAIL
- I will keep in contact with friends that aren’t located in the country I currently reside in – EPIC FAIL
- I will go to the gym, start taking protein supplements and look like a stud – Fodamsho. Have you seen my triceps lately?


So basically, here’s my resolution to the flaccidity of 2009 (hahaha. I like puns). I set better resolutions for next year! Fool proof right?!?! YES! That old “shoot for the moon…” aphorism comes to mind. So, with some regurgitated unaccomplished well liked resolutions from 2009, here goes.


New Year’s Resolutions for 2010


- I will work less, but work better/faster/smarter OR get a new fucking job
- I will make closer friends in Singapore
- I will keep in contact with family and friends that aren’t located in the country I currently reside in
- Deliberately seek/cause debauchery (the awesome, sexy, cool kind of course!)
- I will travel a lot more to seek/cause said debauchery. How about at least 3-4 trips that are NOT to manila
- Use my digicam to capture said debauchery
- Keep working out, and that stomach flab into muscle ab.
- Oh and I gotta blog more. Shit.


Again, 8 resolutions. Let’s see how I fair… I’m gonna print this shit out and stick it on my wall. No joke. Better watch out 2010… I’m coming for you, biatch! Bring it! Imma kick cho ass so hard, my toes’ll tickle your tonsils! ;p

No comments: