Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to the Idealists, the Optimists and the Romantics


December 25, 2010
3:49pm
My room in Multi while listening to the Glee Season 2 soundtrack…

It’s great to be home… Home for Christmas! I wouldn’t have it any other way…

As a kid, my family used to have these elaborate Christmas Eve family gatherings. Family member upon family member would slowly trickle into my Grandparents house or our house on the night of December 24th and it would seem like the whole world was in the house! It was chaotic and festive and full of life… The food would be overflowing. The chatter and laughter and Christmas carols unknowingly layered over each other exhausted all spaced. Everyone was there, and everything was perfect. I don’t know… I guess when you’re a kid, these types of family gatherings seem enormous in scale. Everything’s huge when your 2 feet tall. But really, those were the days when your family was your world, the world was supremely good, and the stars were reachable dreams to be attained when you grew up just a little more.

So yes, I guess the pure childhood joys of Christmas has helped fuel the idealism I so lovingly cling to now as an adult. To large extents I still believe that family is the world, and that the world is ultimately good, and that you can reach your dreams if you try really really hard and have just enough luck. Idealism is rare in this cynical world of ours, but to my fellow optimists and romantics – come rejoice with me. For Christmas is OUR time of the year! When hope and love and wide-eyed childhood dreams reign. May we never lose this feeling, this yearning for life, this real belief that our dreams our not long winded pipe-dream fantasies but possibilities – No matter what challenges try to jade you…

Keep dancing like nobody’s watch and loving like you’re not going to hurt. Coz living wouldn’t be living if you didn’t aim for the stars and give it your all.

Merry Christmas to all… especially those who never give up on the silver lining...








No comments: