Friday, June 27, 2008

My Room's a fucking mess...

Its a fucking ugly mess of memories and life... pictures on the floor, papers everywhere, six years running rampant in a closet-sized room. Even with the mess, my sister and I found some progress. I'm managed to pack most of my crap into 2 fairly sized boxes (each one about the size of my boss' office refridgerator). I've thrown away a lot of crap. Still need to throw away a lot of crap. But makes me feel a little sad that the last 6 years of my life fit neatly into 2 balikbayan boxes...

My last day in my century city room is the 30th of June. The end of the month. Monday. Then I move to my sis' house in Valencia before the trip back to Manila. Its becoming more and more real. I guess this is it. And you know what, packing sucks; sucks like a bird shit on your car after a car wash. It sucks more than that - like bird shit on your head after a shower. Packing sucks so much. I keep uncovering bits and pieces of my life. knick knacks that tell part of a story. Reciepts from a restaurants, tickets from a show, a paper plate lion from stepho. Then I have to decide, whether its truly worth it to keep that seemingly insignificant momento. Is it important enough to keep and ship 3000 miles? Who's to say... I don't even fucking know. I found a drawing my ex-boyfriend drew of me for me 3 years ago. I looked at it, smiled, then threw it away. I don't know if I'm going to regret that a year from now.

I've been going through the motions, you know. Packing. Trashing. Cleaning. But I try not to internalize too much. I think I'd go insane. What a fucking melodramatic bitch I am! Can't help it; it kinda comes with the territory.

Side note:
I like semi-colons. I think I use them properly. My English 101 professor Tiller taught me how to use them... No one uses them though. I think most people don't know how to so they just don't use 'em. I like semi-colons a lot. I'm going to use them more!

6 years; it goes by in a blink.

No comments: